Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Tree work and preservation

Objecting to a TPO

If the order relates to a tree on your property, you can make an objection. If this happens, the proposed order and objection are referred to the planning applications committee. You are entitled to attend and speak at the committee if you wish.

If the committee decides to approve the order, there is no right to appeal. Aggrieved parties - with an interest in the matter that can be proven to be sufficiently direct - can make an application to the High Court if:

  • the TPO is not within the powers of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990
  • the requirements of the 1990 Act or Town and Country (Trees) Planning Regulations 1999 have not been complied with in relation to the order.

For a full explanation of your rights in such cases please contact a tree protection officer on 01603 989342.