Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Tree work and preservation

Work to trees in a conservation area

To carry out work to a tree in a conservation area you will need to give planning services six weeks written notice. During this time a decision may be made to either give permission for the work or to protect the tree with a preservation order.

Give notice of tree work

The quickest and easiest way to give notice of tree work to be done is to apply online on the Planning Portal website:

Start an application online

Read the guidance notes to help you with your application.

Alternatively download a paper form and post it to the address below.

For more information on tree protection see the government guidance.

Feedback button
Feedback button