- You may only apply to join one site waiting list.
- As a new tenant you will usually be offered a half plot of around 125m2. This is smaller than the traditional 250m2 plots which used to be offered. This creates more manageable plot sizes and has allowed the council to provide more applicants the opportunity to get growing, while also making the growing experience more manageable for new growers.
- New tenants may apply to expand their growing area after demonstrating they can successfully manage their current plot to a good standard for a minimum of one full growing season.
- New applicants can contact us to request a specific allotment plot after joining the waiting list and this will be considered alongside your application when you reach the top of the waiting list. Please note that we are unable to guarantee that the plot you have requested will be offered to you as this will be dependent on vacancies at the time of offer.
- If the site you are applying for has a site representative, make sure you contact them so you find the correct location and can check the condition of your new plot. If there are problems with the plot you have been offered please get in touch before accepting the offer.
If you already have an allotment plot you do not need to join the waiting list to extend your growing area.