Items you can put in your communal food waste bin
- Leftovers from your meals
- Meat - raw and cooked, including fat and bones
- Fish - raw and cooked, including bones and shells
- Eggs including the shells
- All dairy products eg cheese
- Vegetables and fruit - raw and cooked
- Bread, cakes and other baked goods
- Rice, pasta and beans
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Cooking oil, lard and other fats
- Pet food
How to use your food caddy
- Line your kitchen caddy to make it easier to transfer to the external food bin.
- Plastic bags can also be used to line your caddy - we encourage reuse, such as those used for bread.
- Put all your leftover, mouldy or out-of-date food in your kitchen caddy. No packaging please.
- When your caddy is full, tie the liner and put it in your communal food waste bin.
How to order a kitchen caddy
If you need a kitchen caddy to get your food waste to the food bin you can order one free of charge using the contact us form or call 0344 980 3333.
*Read about our initiative to encourage council tenants and leaseholders living in flats to recycle their leftovers.