On-street parking bays
Park free of charge with your blue badge at the following city centre locations:
- On-street designated disabled parking bays. Where there is no restriction on the length of time you can park, you do not need to display a clock. On Gentleman’s Walk, Brigg Street and at the bottom of London Street near to Gentleman’s Walk, the spaces are time restricted and you must display your clock. Disabled parking is only allowed in designated bays on any pedestrian zone.
- Single or double yellow lines. You can park for up to three hours as long as there are no loading restrictions and the vehicle is not causing an obstruction. The clock on your badge must be set to show your time of arrival.
- On-street pay and display parking bays. There is no restriction on the length of time you can park. You do not need to display your clock.
- On-street limited waiting bays (but not loading bays). There is no restriction on the length of time you can park. You do not need to display your clock.
- On-street permit parking spaces (but NOT Car Club bays). You can park for up to three hours. No other permit is required. The clock on your badge must be set to show your time of arrival.
Off-street car park spaces (council operated)
- Free blue badge parking at selected car parks
- Buy one hour get one hour free’ scheme at selected car parks
If you have difficulty using our ticket machines, we offer an ‘advance payment’ scheme in our pay and display car parks. Please call us in advance, quoting your vehicle registration number, on 0344 980 3333 (option 4).
Blue badge parking in pedestrian zones is not permitted at any time
Blue badge holders may not park in any pedestrian zone other than in dedicated blue badge bays in such zones at any time. There is insufficient space in these zones for parking, our priority is to ensure these streets are kept clear of obstructive parking. This is of benefit to pedestrians and those using wheelchairs or mobility scooters who need space to access these streets.
Vehicles left in pedestrian zones will be liable to receive a Penalty Charge Notice.