Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Home contents insurance for tenants

We do not insure the contents of your home.

If your contents are destroyed or damaged (eg by theft, fire or flooding) and you do not have insurance cover you will have to pay to replace them. Therefore we strongly advise that you arrange your own home contents insurance to cover your possessions.

You can arrange the insurance through us and have the premium collected with your rent for as little as 40p per week for standard cover or 80p per week for full accidental damage. You can also choose to cover your personal belongings away from the home, or wheelchairs/mobility scooters, or hearing aids, for an additional premium. Our insurance scheme is provided by Aviva.

How to apply

For more information and an application form please click on the buttons to apply online, or to download an application pack, or phone 0344 980 3333 and ask for a pack to be sent to you.

(Building’s insurance is not needed for homes owned by or leased from the council)

Read our privacy notice for information about what we do with your personal data.

Apply for home contents insurance

Contents insurance application pack

If you are having any problems with completing these forms, please contact us on 0344 980 3333.

To make a home contents claim, please call 0161 875 8988.

The policy is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Aviva Insurance Limited, Registered in Scotland Number 2116. Registered Office: Pitheavlis, Perth PH2 0NH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. FP.ENT.697.SEC


Feedback button
Feedback button