Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Water pollution

Our drinking water is monitored by Anglian Water and the government's Drinking water inspectorate.

Mains water

If you have any concerns about your tap water such as discolouration or unusual smell, go to the Anglian Water website for information or call:

  • Residents - 08457 145 145 or minicom 0800 917 5901.
  • Businesses - 08457 626 784.

For people who do not speak English as a first language, call the Anglian Water language line on 0800 919 155.

Rivers and broads

If you have concerns about the water in rivers or broads or want to report a pollution incident, contact the Environment Agency on one of the following numbers:

  • 0870 850 6506 for general enquiries and to contact the local office
  • 0800 807 060 for emergencies and reporting a pollution incident.

Swimming pools

For concerns about swimming pool water please use our contact us form.

Spring water and commercial bottled water

If you are planning to go into business selling spring or commercial bottled water, proof is needed that the water has been thoroughly tested. Businesses in Norwich should call 0344 980 3333 to discuss how to do this.

Related links


Feedback button
Feedback button