Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich


Housing Complaints

Norwich City Council is a mandatory member of the Housing Ombudsman Scheme (HOS). The purpose of the scheme, set up by law, is to enable tenants to have complaints about members investigated by a Housing Ombudsman. The role of the Ombudsman is to resolve disputes involving members of the Scheme and their tenants.

If you are dissatisfied with our final response to your housing complaint you may refer your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman.

You can only complain to the Housing Ombudsman if you have reported the original problem to us and you are dissatisfied with our response, however you have the right to contact the ombudsman at any time.

Complaint Handling Code

The HOS published a new Complaint Handling Code in July 2020. The purpose of the code is to enable landlords to resolve complaints raised by their residents quickly and to use the learning from complaints to drive service improvements. Read how we are complying with the code.

What to do if you are not satisfied

The Housing Ombudsman can only review your case after 8 weeks has passed since the complaints process with your landlord has ended. They will investigate all cases fairly and impartially. See the additional information on the types of complaints the Housing Ombudsman will investigate.

Find out what the Housing Ombudsman will investigate and how they can help.

Where to find more information on the complaints process

The Government’s ‘Make Things Right' campaign aims to inform residents on how to raise complaints if they are unhappy with the service from their social housing provider.