Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Health and safety enforcing authorities

The enforcement of health and safety regulations in Norwich workplaces, so they are safe for employees and visitors, is split between Norwich City Council and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

Norwich City Council

If you're concerned about health and safety in these premises, contact us and we will investigate it.

  • offices (except government offices)
  • shops and retail parks
  • warehouses and builders merchants
  • restaurants, pubs and nightclubs
  • leisure premises, theatres and cinemas
  • nurseries and playgroups
  • places of worship
  • residential care homes.

Health and Safety Executive

The HSE is responsible for premises such as:

  • factories
  • building sites
  • schools and colleges
  • gas, electricity and water systems
  • hospitals and nursing homes
  • central and local government premises

Other enforcing authorities

You can check for the appropriate enforcing authority for your business on the HSE website.

Feedback button
Feedback button