Do you want to save on your energy bills and generate your own renewable electricity? Installing solar panels and battery storage to power your home is a great place to start.
Norwich City Council is working with bulk buying experts, iChoosr, to deliver Solar Together Norfolk.
What is it?
Solar Together is a group buying scheme that guides you through the process, helping people secure the best possible price - the more people that register, the more competitive the offer for each household.
If you already have solar panels installed, you can also register to have battery storage added to your existing panels.
How does it work?
- Stage 1. Registration: you can register for free and without obligation before 27 October 2023. You will need to provide details about your roof such as its size and orientation. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
- Stage 2. Auction: an auction will be held where approved solar suppliers submit their lowest bids. The most competitive offer, wins the auction.
- Stage 3. Personalised offer: after the auction, you will be emailed a personal recommendation for your home, based on the details you provided during registration. This includes the costs and specification for a complete solar panel installation.
- Stage 4. You decide: the decision is yours as to whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue.
- Stage 5. Installation: if you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed six months after accepting.