Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Online forms: Report a smoke problem - domestic property

Use this form to report smoke problems at a domestic property, such as bonfires, wood burners or a domestic fire/chimney.

There are no restrictions against having bonfires at residential properties but there are laws when they become a nuisance. 

A bonfire must occur frequently to be considered a nuisance so if the situation doesn't improve, report it to us providing evidence about the frequency of the bonfires, their duration, location and how the bonfire directly affects you. 

It is an offence to burn household waste which creates dark smoke (this includes rubber, painted / treated wood, furniture, tyres and plastic).

Privacy notice

Read our privacy notice for information about what we do with your personal data.

Feedback button
Feedback button