Licensing - apply online


Many business activities must be licensed. Below is a list of those that require licences from Norwich City Council. You can apply and pay for many of these licences online.

Please note that you will be directed to Business Link's UK Welcomes site where you will be asked to register in order to make an online application. 

European businesses

The EU Services Directive aims to break down barriers to cross-border trade in services between countries in the European Union by providing access to information and application processes online. Its purpose is to make it easier for service providers, particularly small and medium sized enterprises, to offer their services to customers in other EU countries.

Apply online

Please note this information is in the process of being updated and is therefore not complete. If you have any queries relating to the licensing topics below, please call 0344 980 3333.

Contact details

To view any associated registers for one of the licence types above please contact the council by telephone on 0344 980 3333 to arrange an appointment or in writing to Norwich City Council, City Hall, Norwich, NR2 1NH.