This accessibility statement applies to Norwich Civica Pay eStore.
This website is run by Civica UK Limited on behalf of Norwich City Council.
Using this website
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
The site aims to comply with the Accessibility standards set out by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and other accessibility guidelines.
This website is tested against Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level A and AA.
The web accessibility initiative promotes usability and accessibility for people with disabilities and also promotes good web practice to benefit all users. All the pages are designed as per the standards to be fully accessible and encompass all disabilities that affect access to the website.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- complete our contact us form and include the web address of the content you cannot access (choose the website and accessibility option from the drop-down list in the form)
- call 0344 980 3333
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in number five days.
You can call the number above if you need to talk to us using an interpreter. Find out more about our interpreting and translating service.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, you can:
- complete our contact us form (choose the Website and accessibility option from the drop-down list)
- email the web team firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the web address of the page and full details of issue.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Civica is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Civica UK Ltd. has provided the eStore website and branded it to match the brand of our Norwich City Council website. The base product has been audited against WCAG 2.1 AA by Civica, and therefore for any other non-compliances not listed below, such as site content, branding, colour and typography, or anything difficult to perceive, please contact Norwich City Council using the details above.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons on the Norwich Civica Pay eStore site. Civica is currently reviewing the issues to ensure compliance.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Use of Alt on the <a> tag is not correct semantic HTML
- The ‘Validate’ button on the Item Details page does not change colour uniformly with other pages on some styled sites
- The basket icon has no text label and cannot be read by a screen reader
- The session expiry window has a X closure button which has no content. It appears as an empty button to a screen reader
- The catalogue Item Details buttons are anchor links styled as buttons
- Aria value for button should have LBR_aria-search-label.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 15 March 2022. It was last reviewed on 15 March 2022.
This website was last tested on 15 March 2022. The test was carried out by Civica UK Ltd.
Civica used the Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology to decide on a sample of pages to test.
A variety of components were audited across the website that included the main user journeys of the system. These components and pages were functionally tested with a variety of methods, automatic testing, human evaluation and using assistive technology.
To test WCAG the following tool set was used: