If you have a complaint about food or a food business we may be able to investigate it if there is a risk to public health.
Complaints that we deal with
We investigate complaints about unsatisfactory food premises, poor food handling practices and food purchased in Norwich where there is a potential public health risk.
- poor levels of hygiene
- sightings of pests on the premises (eg rats, mice, cockroaches)
- food contaminated with foreign objects (eg glass, flies, hair or chemicals)
- food that is unfit to eat, or makes you ill (ie out of date, mouldy or undercooked)
- food borne illness (eg vomiting and diarrhoea)
Complaints that we do not deal with
- chemical contamination of food
- composition of food eg sausages must contain a minimum percentage of meat
- adulteration of foods eg watering down orange juice
- food labelling offences, and misleading claims
- quality and nature of food eg cod sold as haddock.
To report these complaints, contact Citizens Advice on 0345 404 0506 or visit the Norfolk Citizens Advice website. They will refer your complaint to local trading standards officers.