Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Housing benefit

Housing benefit payments

Please be aware that housing benefit payments due to be paid today (Monday 7 January) will now be paid on Wednesday 9 January due to a technical fault. If you need to discuss this further please email or call 0344 980 3333. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Housing benefit helps you pay all or some of your rent if you’re on a low income. The amount of housing benefit you can receive depends on:

  • your family circumstances
  • your income from working and other benefits
  • any savings and investments you have
  • the circumstances of other people you have living with you.  

Your outgoings are not taken into account.

Check if you are eligible for housing benefit  

Find out how much you may be entitled to.

Evidence we need from you

See the seven items of evidence we need from you when you make a claim for housing benefit or council tax reduction