We currently manage 26 sheltered housing schemes across the city, providing about 1,000 homes for older people.
Our schemes are made up of groups of flats or bungalows specially designed for people over the age of 60 who are able to live independently, but who would benefit from additional security and support.
Features of the schemes
- A 24-hour emergency alarm system provided by Welbeing
- Access to a dedicated support worker team, who will complete a support plan with you to agree the level of support you need.
- A team of officers which will provide housing management and tenancy advice.
- Communal facilities such as a lounge, kitchen and laundry are available on most schemes.
- An opportunity to join in, or help to plan, a range of social activities and events.
- Guest room where family or friends may stay for a small charge.
Other housing providers
A number of other housing providers also offer sheltered accommodation across the city. Once your application has been registered with us you will be eligible to apply for all of their available properties in addition to the council managed schemes.