The planning service makes high quality, sustainable and appropriate development possible in Norwich as well as maintaining and improving the city’s natural and built environment. Specific information and standards relating to the planning service are as follows:
- determining all forms of planning and other related applications;
- delivering a Local Plan and planning policy;
- protecting and enhancing conservation areas and listed buildings;
- providing general planning and related advice to the public;
- making and reviewing tree preservation orders;
- dealing with tree applications;
- dealing with planning appeals;
- planning enforcement in conjunction with public protection staff.
Service comments, compliments and complaints
The council has a corporate policy relating to comments, compliments and complaints.
We aim for our website to be accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Comments on pending planning applications can be made through the Planning Public Access website.