Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich
Coronavirus: information and advice

We're constantly reviewing and making changes to some of our services in response to the coronavirus crisis.

See the latest updates

View and comment on planning applications

How to make a comment on a planning application

If you would like to make representations or objections about a planning application please quote the reference number. Comments can be submitted through the Planning Access website or by email or post to the contact details at the bottom of the page.

In order for your comments to be taken into consideration, any comments or objections should be lodged within a specific time frame. A minimum of 21 days is always available for public comment.

Read our Planning Services Privacy Notice to find out what happens to your personal data when you appy for planning permission or comment on an application.

Submit a comment online

Public consultation expiry date

This varies for each application and can be checked via the Planning Public Access website by entering the application number and selecting the important dates tab. There may be multiple expiry dates for different types of consultation (eg letters, site notice and press notice) the latest of these dates will be the final date for comments to be received.

Please be aware that your comments will be available as public information. Therefore, you may choose to provide your comments as an attachment if corresponding by email and exclude your signature from any correspondence. Please note – we cannot take comments made anonymously into consideration.

The council reserves the right not to publish or take into account any letters of representation which we believe are defamatory, offensive or racist.

If you would like to make a representation in respect of an appeal you can do so in writing to the Secretary of State. Further information is available on our appeals page.

For comments relating to a householder, advertisement or minor commercial application there will normally be no further opportunity to make a representation at appeal. However all comments received during the course of the application will be forwarded to the Planning Inspectorate. For all other types of appeal you can make representations in writing to the Secretary of State as above.