For groups who are awarded a Get Started grant or who were in receipt of a small community grant in 2016-17 as a new group, Get Growing grants offer follow up funding.
This funding is by invite only and is not open to applications outside this.
Groups who demonstrate that they have used their start-up funding well over their first 12-18 months are invited to apply for up to £500 to run a project which they think will bring further benefit to their local area.
What you will need to show in that application is that:
- you have identified a need for your follow-on project
- you have considered what you want to achieve and how you’ll evaluate it
- you have learned how to keep your activities safe, legal and well-managed
This grant provides up to £500 grant to run a project (not core or ongoing costs) which reflects your group’s aims and objectives. You will need to supply a budget for the project.
Items which can be purchased include (but are not limited to):
- volunteer training
- equipment costs
- resources such as plants or craft consumables
- specialist support from professionals such as artists or musicians
- venue hire for new activities/events
- transport for new activities/events