Norwich City Council is the data controller for ensuring public protection within Norwich and under data protection legislation, we have a legal obligation to process your personal information.
You may contact our data protection and information security officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0344 980 3333.
What will we do with your data?
We use the information you provide us to investigate complaints, inspect premises and take part in sampling programmes.
We i keep your data inline with our Retention Schedule available on our website.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request access to your personal information to:
- ask for errors to be corrected
- restrict how your information is used
- object to how it is processed
- request that your data is deleted.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office if you are not happy with how your data is processed.
What are the consequences of you not providing data?
If data is not provided we may not be able to fully investigate your complaints.
How will we share your data?
Information provided for public protection is shared with other public bodies in order that they may carry out their statutory duties, these include:
- other local authorities
- the Health and Safety Executive
- Food Standards Agency,
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- Care Quality Commission
- Anglian Water
- Police and the Fire Authority
- National Anti-Fraud Network
- National Trading Standards
- Competition and Markets Authority
- UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA)
- CNC Building Control (building control service provider)
Apart from where previously stated, we do not pass your details to third parties unless we are lawfully able to do so for the prevention and detection of crime and fraud, or for the collection of taxes.