Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Minor adaptations and equipment

Minor adaptations are not means tested and can be completed free of charge. Minor adaptions include: 

  • Key safe
  • Grab rails 
  • Handrails
  • Bannister rails 

How to apply

Council tenants 

Complete our Healthy Homes referral form

If you live in a sheltered housing property, please speak to your support worker who can arrange this for you.


Complete our Healthy Homes referral form to discuss your needs with us. 

Housing association tenant 

Housing associations – please speak to your housing provider in the first instance. 

Private rental tenant

Complete our Healthy Homes referral form
We will need to contact your landlord to gain permissions for the works to be completed. 

I don’t want my property adapted - Can you provide equipment only? 
Norfolk County Council can provide you with equipment to help you live independently at home. 

The Assistive Technology Team can provide a range of electronic devices that can help you to live independently in your own home.  

To apply click Support Needs Questionnaire & Enquiry (  or call 0344 800 8020

Feedback button
Feedback button