Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Useful links for advice and support

Care support and health - Norfolk County Council — Information on support and health care in Norfolk. 

Age UK Norwich — Age UK Norwich supports older people, aged 50+ and their families. They provide accredited free, impartial, and independent information and advice on a wide range of issues that impact the quality of life for older people. This includes welfare entitlement, other money issues, care and health, housing, and access to a legal rota focusing on older people’s matters. They also run social and activity groups, health coaching and telephone and active befriending, to enable healthy, and connected later lives, combatting the loneliness and health problems that the city faces. Their Complex Community Support team also works with older people and their families as they age to help them live independently, recover from acute health episodes, or to adjust to degenerative health conditions.

Interact — Interact provides support for people aged over 18 whose health and wellbeing are adversely affected by their housing situation/home environment and have health conditions, frailty or frequently use health and care provisions. 

Interact is a service managed by Norwich City Council, supported by Voluntary Norfolk, One Practices, Age UK Norwich and Citizens advice Bureau, working together to assist service users to achieve their housing goals, and outcomes set. All referrals for Interact are made via an organisation or a medical/health care professional. 

Cost of living support — Provides information and support available to assist with the cost of living. 

Norfolk Assistance Scheme (NAS) - Norfolk County Council — Provides assistance via a referral for household items, referrals to other services may also be appropriate. 

Sheltered housing — Sheltered housing provided by Norwich City Council, available to those over the age of 60.

Apply for housing — Housing provided by Norwich City Council. 

Feedback button
Feedback button