Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Change of circumstances

If you are claiming Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction you must tell us if there have been any changes about you or a household member which may affect your claim. You must tell us this within a month of the change happening. 

If you do not tell us about a change, you could be receiving too much benefit and have to pay it back to us, or you may not be receiving enough benefit and miss out on what you could be receiving.

How to tell us about a change

You must access Benefits Online to tell us about a change. To do this you need to first sign up to My Account:

  1. Visit to register or sign in to My Account
  2. In My Account, select the View my Benefits link to access Benefits Online
  3. Ensure you have all the evidence of changes we need

Register or Sign in to My Account

If you need help to do this see How to sign in to manage your benefits online

Changes and supporting evidence you need to provide

Changes for Council Tax

To inform our Council Tax service of any changes relating solely to your Council Tax account, such as Single Persons Discount changes, go to Revenues Online.

Feedback button
Feedback button