Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Change in household for benefits

Tell us immediately if someone has moved in or out of your home so we can make sure your benefit is correct – this can be a partner, non-dependant, lodger, joint tenant or child.

To speed up your claim

You need to:

  1. complete the change in household form  (you will be asked to register for an account before completing the form)
  2. ensure you have all the evidence of changes we need – see below
  3. upload evidence to support your claim

The supporting evidence can be a scan or photo of the documents and saved to your device before you start the upload form. Files can be PDF, JPEG or Word documents, maximum size 4MB.

Alternatively, you can upload any evidence when you have them at hand or visit the customer centre in City Hall and use our self-scanning station to submit your evidence.

Changes we need to know about

We cannot work out your benefit until you have provided all the evidence that we ask for.

If a partner has moved in – you will need to provide:

If a non-dependant has moved in – you will need to provide:

If a joint tenant has moved in – you will need to provide:

  • proof of the new rent liability eg a tenancy agreement or letter from the landlord or landlord’s agent, confirming who is liable for the rent.

If you have had a child – you will need to provide:

  • the birth certificate or
  • proof of child benefit for the child

Other evidence we may need

We will contact you if we need more evidence or information.