A councillor’s role and responsibilities include:
- representing the ward for which they are elected
- developing and reviewing council policy
- scrutinising decisions taken by the councillors on the executive or cabinet
- regulatory, quasi-judicial and statutory duties
- community leadership and engagement.
Find your local councillor
There are 39 city councillors in Norwich (including cabinet members) – 13 electoral wards with three councillors in each.
Find information about each local councillor in Norwich including their contact details, registered interests and committee memberships.
- Find councillors by ward
- Find councillors by political party
- Find councillors alphabetically (by surname)
Alternatively, download a list of councillors and their contact details.
Ward constituency information
Find local councillors, county councillors, MPs and MEPS in your area by postcode or street name.
The political make-up of the city council following the local elections on May 2019 is as follows:
- Labour 27 seats
- Green Party 9 seats
- Liberal Democrats 3 seats
Labour has a majority of the seats and therefore has overall control.