Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Difficulty paying Council Tax

If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax bill, don't let the problem get worse. Check our tips to help you or contact us:

Our debt advice page provides information on how to access free specialist independent advice.

You may be able to get money off your Council Tax bill or claim Council Tax Reduction.


If you fall behind with your payments, or you are paying late, we will send you a reminder. This gives you seven days to bring your account up to date.

If you bring your account up to date but fall behind again, we will send you a second reminder. 

If you don't pay or don't keep your account up to date, you will lose the right to pay in instalments. The full year's Council Tax becomes due immediately.

The next stage is to issue you with a court summons.

Feedback button
Feedback button