Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Apply for housing

Medical needs

What if I have a serious medical problem or disability that is being made worse by my current housing?

You will need to fill in a medical self-assessment form. This can be obtained from the Norwich Home Options team.  The medical self-assessment guidance leaflet that is provided with the form gives more information on how medical assessments work and how to fill in the form.

Please be aware that if your medical problem or disability is not serious and enduring and/or is not directly affected by your present housing and/or would not improve if rehoused, then you will not be given any medical priority.

Mobility Needs

Any specific requirements for adaptations and/or accessible features are recorded and taken into account when allocating accommodation.
Where an applicant or member of the household requires additional adaptations and/or accessible features, a referral may be made to the Adaptations and Housing Occupational Therapist service if required. 

They will work directly with the applicant in assessing the needs for suitable accommodation and the application may be awarded an accessibility flag to enable bidding of properties that have been adapted for ease of living. 
Property information advertised will specify the accessibility of the accommodation
Access/adaption’s could include the following, full wheelchair access, ramped or level access in and out of the property, accessible kitchen and level access to bathroom, partial wheelchair access, wet room, stair lift, patio doors to garden.

Feedback button
Feedback button