To apply you have to meet the qualifying criteria.
If you do not qualify you will not be accepted on the Home Options scheme.
You can apply if:
- you are aged 18 or over, and
- you have a local connection to the area i.e have lived in Norwich continuously for six months.
You cannot apply if:
- you are subject to immigration control
- you have been involved in antisocial behavior in a previous property
- you have breached your tenancy conditions with a previous landlord
- you have been rehoused through the Home Options scheme in the last 12 months, unless your circumstances have changed.
- you are undergoing a Right to Buy or mutual exchange.
If you live outside Norwich
If you do not live in Norwich you cannot apply to join the Home Options scheme unless:
- you are aged 60 and over requiring sheltered accommodation
- you come within the armed forces covenant
- there are exceptional circumstances which require you to live in Norwich.
If you have any queries about your local connection, please contact us on 0344 980 3333.