Skip to content Skip to search
My Norwich

Apply for housing

How to join the Home Options scheme

If you meet the criteria, you can apply to join the Home Options scheme.

For current Norwich City Council tenants:

- To transfer to another property in Norwich because your property is not suitable please contact us on 0344 980 3333 to make an application.

- To swap your property with another tenant visit the House exchange page.

For all other clients making a Home Options application, please contact us on 0344 980 3333.

When you call we make an initial assessment of your housing needs and may arrange an appointment for you to make an application.

If you would like an interpreter at your appointment, please tell us when you call or email us on

Supporting documents

If you are asked to attend City Hall for an application appointment, you will be asked to bring the following supporting documents when you visit us. We can then confirm that you're eligible and can correctly determine how your application should be prioritised:

  1. Proof of five year housing history
  2. National Insurance number
  3. Photo identification
  4. Proof of income
  5. Proof of residence for all household members over 18 years old.